Friday, January 28, 2011

Some winter some spring
















It's all good out there I think. So I'm still here in Corvallis but putting it to use. Some days like recently it hasn't rained for like a week oh my. The weather has warmed up especially if you travel a little distance and up you emerge from the fog.





I have been ridding a little like 3 0r 4 times a week , I was suppose to be in sabbatical mode from the bike but my butts got a passion for the seat what can I say. I usually hook up with the once kick ass in Washington road racing Greg Bennit. he can still turn the peddles over and give it out. On weekends we have between 6 and 8 ridders so there you have it trainer mode in the easy stages cause we can...





On feb. 19th they have a race called the Cherry Pie road race just out of Corvallis so their season starts crazy early around these parts with some Frozen Land race the next day.





I have gotten in some good hikes here they have forest all around so one doesn't have to venture far for great trail. I went back up to Mary's Peak yesterday thinking I would beat a long drive for nordic skiing and classic like before up there well big surprise what eve feet of snow they did have had gone almost completely away except for a minuet clump here and there. I got in a 5 mile hike on some nice trail there then jumped into the red ridder for a little over an hour drive to the ocean. I hung out right on the beach set tin my leisure ass on my little fold out chair right next to the breaking surf and facing the glaring sun. One or two things missing cold beer and ?





Take care all and will see you soon at the rocky mt. r. and season of fun. ML

No comments: