Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Keep on biken

Still excited to ride and train most the time . There has bean a moment or two when I just wanna cruise and cruise none of this interval or push it hard stuff. Lasy sin drum taking over some. It's easy for me just to joy ride and check out the beautiful country side.
I'm that stage right now were I wanna do well at Nat's but not the work or preparation part,oh well. I did race last Sunday in Eugene,the course was pretty challenging with to sand crossings.A railroad tie stacked jump. A set of 5 steep wooden stairs. Six in a row standard barriers . A rockie patch.A steep hill run or ride section and a lot of tight turned single track muddy slick corners . It also had flat bumpy grass spots with some pavement to rest the werie legs. We had 10- 50+ plus guys with 9 35 + B dudes. The start went out fast, another 50+ dude and I got away and stay that way. We trade off and went at each other the hole race.Great speed work and brush up on the tacky muddy ridden skills. I got past this Allen guy just before the finish and held it.Was totally exhausted and wanted to fall into the wet bushes and die.Guess I didn't leave anything out there.
2 days in a row with sun rays here in Oregon wow!!! It's hard on the eyes not being used to this sun ray thing but I'll take it.
So busying around Corvallis yesterday checking out a few bike shops after a ride I run into Barry Wicks who grew up here in Corvallis. He is just hanging out and doing the cir cut and as many races in Oregon as he can and prep en for Nat's. He noted that Trebon says the Bend Nat course is a cool one but there has bean snow and predicting it for Nat's. Maybe one should have the skies in the pits instead of a bike.
All for now get stretched out soon only two days tell over eat ting time. have a good one and Happy Thanks Giving to all.

No comments: