Monday, November 30, 2009

Turkey Stretch












Well then maybe a few pounds or more sense turkey day and with all the left overs greens have gone by the way side.
Have stayed on track with the fat walk on Thanks Giving cause of the monsoons.But up with the sun days after and some good rides in the books.
Saturday I got in with this Clean Air team in Corvallis. There were 5 me being the 6th. So here we just barley cross the Willamette River out of town and it's go time like race mode for the next 40 miles. Being like a nubie cause I've had no pace work sense summer I was in struggle stages here and there but actually did my pulls with some gusto. I'm in shape but not for this fortitude stuff. These fellows could go too. To top this off the next day I go to Eugene again for a cross race. I'm so fortunate also with Rich Crammer who has won all the big cross crusade races and John Wilson who is almost always 1st,2nd or 3rd state wide. We line up in the 36 degree fog shrouded day with a course much like the week before but there is more mud,more rocks,extra barriers to total 7 in a row and a Little extra stretch added to the lap.
Great pace right off the line with the guy I raced with last week taking the hole shot with US three in pursuit. Our boy Allen slid out in around the 3rd turn right in front of me,that's always a little shocker.We got around him all up right and off we went away from the rest. John and Rich can hold red line in any kind of condition and terrain the full race so I was fealling that false i was and can do this for about 2 and half laps of the 4 laps then lack of their kind of endurance put me way into pain cave and loss of con tack. Oh well I know theres more work to do.




No comments: