Monday, March 23, 2009

Hanging in Sea Town

Oh boy the wimpy wineing will continue just a bit longer till I get on the east side of the mountains, then it will be warmer right? Some were in the last 2 weeks I have seen the sun two and half times I think.
Saturday I rode with some peeps from Danyel's bike team to this Mason Lake bike race. I went knowing I would be there to late to race in the 50 plus so I was diving in with the 30 plus 1-2-3'S and the pro 1-2 women who had it going on and numbers.
The 60 mile 5 lap course wasn't real climb crazy but had those rollers that were almost always there and race pace it took it's toll on the old man. I stayed with most the early hits and at the front but on the 2nd lap I slipped back just a bit and 3 guys got away and 2 guys after that. I chased but know one else would work so there you have it race pretty much over. I rode myself into the ground the last half of the last lap and felt like I got some good hard training.
They had homemade chicken noodel soup and cookies which really hit the spot and there were some people I knew from Washington race days. These peeps over here have the speed and fitness going well. I need some top end work and probably need to shed a few calories.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Keep on keeping on Mike